Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Pigeons & Seagulls

Heyyyo!

So I never thought that as a 22 year old lady ready to take on the town that I would be falling asleep by 10 pm on my second go around in Australia. But when you factor in the 18 month old bundle of joy and the strenuous activity on the property it is no wonder.

Sunday, Todd and Tiffany had lessons with the horses from 9 am to 4 pm so Em and I took on our first babysitting duty since high school. Everything was fine. Took Rylan out to the jungle gym, had a good play outside, then a play inside and then...suddenly...all HELL broke loose. We tried to put him down for a nap and he wouldn't have it. He cried endlessly. We couldn't get him to stop for what seemed like hours. He would calm down and then wound up again. We love the little guy to death but when 4 pm rolled around we could not have been happier. That evening Em and I passed out around ohhh 8 pm!

The next day we woke up bright and early to plant avocado trees and collect horse poop. Still exhausted from the day before we took the rest of the afternoon easy. But in the early evening around 4 pm Emlyn, Todd, Rylan and I decided to play a round of Frisbee gold around the property. I had never played before but have decided it is my new favorite thing! By the end of the night I was covered in mud and blood! yeah, blood because I am still getting the hang of jumping over the barb wire fences. Upon our return to the house Bonnie had arrived with my favorite: THAI FOOD!! For some reason, her idea of Thai for 5 people ended up being about 15 containers of food. For the first time in my life I went back for thirds and then fourths! So fat and happy by the end of the night I ended up doing something I never thought I would ever do. Brace yourselves...I WATCHED HARRY POTTER! Gross I know. But I actually enjoyed it and tonight we are watching the next film.

Yesterday Em and I went into town with Tiffany to look at a home that Jocelyn (Tiffany's mom) is looking at buying. After that we headed into the downtown to do some errants and look for postcards, which they seem to have none of out here. When we got back to the house we had planned on hiking Mount Warning but Todd's work when a little longer than expected so instead we chilled around the house. I was actually cool with it cause it allowed for me to catch up on my book and hang with the dog in the afternoon sun. When Todd was finished with work he needed a wind down and what better way than with a round of Frisbee golf.

The first "hole" goes right over the creek in front of the house. This is cool for aesthetics and such but not for the fact that Todd's awesome Frisbees SINK! I throw my Frisbee straight for the hole, catching some awesome wind, only for it to plummet right into 4 feet deep of cold, dirty water. The next 25 minutes (this being a McGovern standard, to evaluate every possible solution) we made every attempt at retrieving the Frisbee without having to enter the freezing water. Finally I gave in, stripped down to my chonies and jumped in. Gross and cold, but knowing me you know I wouldn't have it any other way!

That brings us to today. We are taking it easy this morning. Tiffany took Rylan to a Mommy and me play date and Todd is upstairs working in the office. Emlyn and I are making every attempt to load the videos from my new camera and Phoebe (The dog) is lounging in the sun. At 2 pm we are heading over to meet with some of Todd's friends for a round of golf. Real golf, not Frisbee so I will let you know how I do!

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Sounds like fun! Thanks for the update. Loved the visuals too (on FB). Can't believe you watched HP!

    ReplyDelete